Sustainability and green mobility
A trip as safe, comfortable and environmentally friendly as possible: this is what we are committed to offer to our passengers every day.
Many innovative projects for a greener tomorrow
From new vehicles powered by eco-friendly fuels to initiatives to reduce waste: our commitment to sustainability goes beyond travel
Through proficient partnerships with important partners such as SNAM, Enel X and Iveco, Arriva Italia has been able to implement high-level green mobility solutions, to offer a better travel experience to its passengers and reduce its environmental impact.
Electric vehicles – Cremona
Arriva Italia introduced two electric buses for the urban service in Cremona in 2019. The project is to introduce an urban fleet of electric buses only – for a total of 32 vehicles – by 2026, powered by an innovative electrical distribution and infrastructure depot facility built by Enel X.
Green airport bus – Malpensa
Green Airport Bus is a free service that transports passengers between the two terminals of Malpensa airport, and the various car parks as well.
The service is carried out by two electric buses, and is completely zero-emission.
CNG buses – Udine
Arriva Udine introduced 5 new IVECO Crossway Euro 6 extra-urban buses fueled by natural gas (CNG). This innovative fuel will avoid an annual consumption of diesel of about 100,000 liters (which becomes 1m if compared to the entire duration of the ten-year contract).
Biomethane buses – Chioggia
Arriva Veneto has introduced 7 new buses powered by biomethane, among the first in the Veneto region to carry out the extra-urban service powered by this type of fuel.
Eco Drive Project
- At the heart of Arriva’s environmental impact reduction strategy, the goal is the reduction of CO2 emissions
- Emission control devices were installed throughout the fleet
- Constant monitoring to minimize the environmental impact of vehicles
Zero Emission Institute
Partnership SNAM – Arriva Italia
Transport service – Roma Capitale
Biomethane buses in Veneto
Sustainable mobility in Europe
The initiatives of the Arriva Group for green transport in Europe and the United Kingdom
Among the pioneers of sustainability and green mobility, Arriva has become the leading electric vehicle operator in Denmark and the second largest in the Netherlands, where the Group has also introduced 10 hydrogen buses, as well as operating 350 shared bicycles in the Netherlands and in Slovakia.
Our commitment to a greener planet
The Arriva Group has introduced itws Zero Emission Institute, which will be led by a team of fleet planning experts, to accelerate its journey towards zero emissions in collaboration with local authorities and institutions.
Zero Emission Institute was established to support Arriva’s vision to help shape a future where passenger transportation is the best choice.
- In England, Arriva invested £ 21m in green vehicles in Merseyside, including 12 electric buses, and an additional 60 will be introduced in Milton
- Public transport in the town of Trutnov, in Czech Republic, is entirely carried out by electric or CNG vehicles
Other types of fuels
- In the north of England Arriva UK tested 9 compressed natural gas vehicles
- Arriva Netherlands introduced 10 hydrogen vehicles into its fleet, among the first in the country
- Arriva manages the bike sharing service in the city of Nitra, Slovakia, for a total of 70 bicycles available
- Arriva Netherlands operates bike sharing services in several locations, including Limburg, Groningen and Friesland